Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon is expected to play against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
The former Wisconsin Badger injured his knee in last Sunday’s loss to the Chiefs.
In his third season, Gordon is averaging 3.3 yards per carry and has scored two touchdowns.
Other injury news we are keeping an eye on Sunday:
1. Oakland Raiders wide receiver Michael Crabtree, who is dealing with a lung bruise, is not expected to play against the Denver Broncos, per Rapoport.
2. San Francisco 49ers running back Carlos Hyde, whose hip bothered him through last week’s 25 carries, is expected to play against the Cardinals, per Rapoport.
3. Miami Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi (knee), who was born in London, and wide receiver Kenny Stills (hand), who was born in Eden Prairie, Minn., played against the Saints at Wembley Stadium. Cornerback Byron Maxwelltweaked his hamstring during warmups and did not play.
4. New Orleans Saints rookie linebacker Alex Anzalone has been ruled out after suffering a shoulder injury in the first quarter against the Dolphins. Tight end Josh Hill being evaluated for a concussion. Right tackle Zach Strief was carted off the field after suffering an undisclosed injury.
5. Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett (ankle) is inactive against the Bengals. The top overall pick in April’s draft has been rehabbing and should debut against the Jets next weekend, according to Rapoport.
6. Baltimore Ravens tight end Benjamin Watson, who injured his calf last weekend in London, will play against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
7. Arizona Cardinals wide receiver John Brown (quad) is expected to play at home against the 49ers, but won’t be 100 percent and may not play every snap, according to Rapoport.
8. Dallas Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring) won’t play against the Los Angeles Rams.
9. Detroit Lions linebacker Jarrad Davis (concussion) and wide receiver Kenny Golladay (hamstring) won’t play against the Minnesota Vikings.
10. Carolina Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers (shoulder) will play against the New England Patriots.
11. James Harrison (illness), Mike Mitchell (hamstring), Marcus Gilbert (hamstring) are all inactive for the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Baltimore Ravens.
11. Dont’a Hightower (knee) is active for the New England Patriots against the Carolina Panthers and running back Rex Burkhead (ribs) is out. Veteran linebacker David Harris also is inactive.